Fundraising with 147

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Crazy is the new Beautiful

I want to say a big fat THANK YOU to all of our friends & family that came out to our Adoption Kickoff event on Monday night.  We were thrilled at the turn out, the kind words, the warm hugs, the sweet notes of encouragement and the gear that was purchased to help us raise funds. 

For those of you who are wondering, that night was the official kickoff but we will be selling the gear for as long as it takes. So if you didn't make it out, or if you've been seeing the hip and stylish T's around town; it's not too late!  Just give us a shout and we will get 'er done.

Over the last few weeks, I have been asked several times about adoption.  Domestic vs. international, black vs. white, fundraising vs. do it yourself.   I believe all questions are good questions, if it gets people talking about helping others.  I can't speak for all and wouldn't dare try.  I can only speak for myself and for what our family holds as truth.

I was adopted! Both physically and spiritually.  My daddy, Dale, choose to raise my sister and myself as his daughters and my heavenly Father adopted me into His family, cleansed my soul and has taken me into His forever home.  I was sought after, found, and forever claimed by both of my daddies.

I am simple.  Remember the songs we sung in Sunday School,  that will always be etched into your memory, I do.  Although they were just sweet words, when I was young, as an adult I see them as truth. 

 "Jesus loves all the little children of the world, yellow, red, black & white  they're  precious in His sight"
   
     "He's got everybody here in His hands, He's got everybody there in His hands, He's got everybody      
                  everywhere in His hands, He's got the whole world in His hands"

I see the whole world as Jesus', not just America.  I love America, I am proud of my husband who served this country for 14 years.  This is not an "American" issue for us.  This is about being obedient to the call we have felt placed on our lives and in our hearts. 

For me, I have traveled to Africa and seen first hand the poverty, devastation, starvation lack of clean water and BASIC medical care.   I could not turn my eyes as if I weren't aware.  Through my stories and pictures, James & the girls became more aware.  Awareness takes Action on our part!  And yes, I know that all these horrific situations exist in America too; it breaks my heart!  There is no easy answer.  I do see great organizations, and government assistance in line to help assist the children of America.  It is without fault, no way! PRAISE GOD we don't hear about children dying from lack of clean water & basic food, for days on end.

Now, any child going without food or love for 1 day, 1 hour, 1 minute or even 1 second is too long.  and I have to ask you..."WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT?"  search your heart, when  you hear God calling you to take action, to be his hands and feet,  I can give you the names of many wonderful ministries who would love to have your support locally, nationally and internationally.  Not everyone is called to adopt but everyone is called to do something.

Cost.  Let's face it Adoption isn't cheap! and we aren't rich. We live like most Americans, we are only one disaster away from landing on difficult times.  We know God will provide.  Whether that is through extra income coming our way, cutting out all unnecessary bills and expenses, asking friends for stuff for a yard sale or selling T-shirts and necklaces.... WHATEVER IT TAKES!  as I have said before I didn't feel so strongly at first; I felt we'd do this on our own.

Well, God doesn't call us to do life on our own and the longer it takes us to come up with the financing the longer our little one sits in orphanage... the longer he suffers.   I think I can swallow my pride and hold out my hand.  Ge sh, over the years we've all bought something at someones function to help them out (Mary Kay, Tupperware, girl scouts...) there is no difference here, except instead of me earning free product, I will inherit a son.  God has a plan, I know He is using our journey to sow some seeds ~ I don't know how many times in the past few weeks I have heard "we had consider"  we have always thought" "tell me more about adoption".

So you better believe it!  I will fund raise to get my little one here in my arms... and IF it brings another little one to someone else's arms because God used the Griffith family.... BRING IT ON!

Hope this shed a little light on where we are.  Please feel free to ask me questions or voice your opinion, we are okay with it.... at the end of the day we are living our lives to Glorify our God and we know that makes us Crazy to some... we can handle it ;o)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing.Praying that people take action whether it be adopting,giving money or helping raise money for orphan care or adopton and praying, just do something. No amount or effort is to small.Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Beautiful! So well said....I admire you so much for what you are doing. Your Journey will change the hearts of many and lives will be changed....

    ReplyDelete