Fundraising with 147

Sunday, January 2, 2011

1 step at a time = 1 second closer

My mind is in overdrive but my body feels like it's in slowmo.  Do you ever get that way?  I know I have a to do list that literally would take me days to even write out.  It's the start of a new year and I'd love to get my life organized... new filing system, clean junk drawer, actually put my Christmas bins in the attic (not all over the garage floor~actually that would be more James), loose a few pounds,  you get the idea.

However I know none of those things will get accomplished, well the garage will, cause my sweet husband will do it.  My focus will be learning how to create a blog, learning how to ask people for help and accepting it, gathering every piece of vital information on my family so we can adopt our son, re-arranging some bedrooms, doing whatever possible to raise the money required to adopt our son, celebrate my Caitlin's 18th birthday and finding the best ever prom dress EVER!

Now,  I am not complaining - AT ALL.  I am so stinking excited I feel like a kid at Christmas who knows they are fixing to get the best gift ever, like it's the night before the first day of school and every scenario is playing out in my head and the mom who is daydreaming of what their child will look like and what it will feel like to hold him in your arms.

So excited you are on this journey with us.  So thankful God has blessed us with some amazing friends!  We have already had several families willing to donate their possessions for us to sale at our Adoption yard sale.  We are humbled!

We are teaming up with 147 Million Orphans, they are allowing us to sell their Magazine necklaces, cuff bracelets and their brand new Adoption T-shirt (never worn).  So start placing your orders.  We will have an official kick off the evening of Jan. 17th so go ahead and save the date, official announcement to follow.

I am giddy to announce 2 folks have already committed to selling 10 necklaces for our son.  ONLY 98 more friends to go.... that is huge!!! they sell themselves!  they benefit our adoption,provide substainable income for the women in Uganda whom make them and it will help to feed a child.   Can we say triple Blessing!!!

So here is that asking for help part.  If 100 folks will sell 10 (ten) necklaces.... OUR SON'S ADOPTION WILL BE FUNDED..... we have all sold many things over the years that TRULY didn't have the impact this does.   Hoping you will follow us on this journey and literally invest in our son's future.

Again, thanks for the prayers and please leave a comment.  Share our blog with your friends and family; you never know who might want to rescue an orphan, pray for us or want to start their own journey. 

    
Beth




one of a kind Ugandan Magazine Necklace
$25-

4 comments:

  1. count us in on selling the necklaces....love mine and others have admired it....love you guys and love what you are doing....can't wait to see and hold our new grandson....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kathy!!!! That and you mean alot. I love you bunches and my Christmas gift ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to journeying with you! Count me in on selling the necklaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see what i can do,hook me up with ten necklaces!And our boys can grow up together ;-) looking forward to holding each others new babies!

    ReplyDelete