Fundraising with 147

Monday, January 3, 2011

Asking and Believing

Today has been a wonderful day!  I marked a couple of things off my to do list (yeah me!!!) and added about 7 more.  It's all good!  Just knowing it will all be worth it and I need to be more efficient, so it's a great resolution for a new year.

God keeps showing us that He is in control.  I have 15 people willing to commit to selling 10 necklaces for our adoption.  I am just giddy!  only 85 more peeps to go.   You know, over the years I have sold more than 10 off my neck to strangers.  They are a conversation starter and people love what they represent, so as much as I <3 my necklaces I never have the same one for long.  

I am working on getting a location for an indoor yard/garage sale.  I would love to have the sale in a few weeks, I know folks want to clear out the clutter this time of year and we'd love to reap the benefits of their generosity.  IF you have stuff you have to get off your hands immediately, PLEASE let us know. We can always make room somewhere.

We are teaming up with http://www.147millionorphans.com/ for a fundraiser.   SO EXCITED!!!  We will be having our kick off event MONDAY Jan. 17th.   5-8 @ Community Christian School (off Enon Springs in Smyrna). It's a drop in, when you can, function... no excuses... run in & out.  You can buy our adoption shirts, necklaces or bracelet/cuff.   You can just come by  and hug my neck and see my great kids & hubby ;o) 

A few other things are in the works... so stay tuned...

I have to share a couple of blessings.  I do believe God funds what He favors.  I do believe not everyone is called to adopt but everyone is called to do something.  In my prayers last night I specifically asked God to send me a stranger.  NOT that I don't love my friends, lol,   You know how women are, we have to put stipulations on our requests.   Just to make sure they're paying attention.  

I received an e-mail today from a gentleman, I have never met.  He heard that we are adopting and  his family wanted to bless us with a check.  I still get goosebumps... and can only say "Thank you Heavenly Father!"

My sister received a call from a friend who has a garage full of stuff she want to give us, another friend cleaning out her attic and offered babysitting services, I hear that my hairdresser wants to put a necklace out at her shop and new consignment store, a message from IRAQ from my 2nd cousin who wants to help...

Never under estimate the power of prayer!      John 14: 13-14  Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.   If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.

Thank you for caring about us!  It means the world to us.
 Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment