Fundraising with 147

Saturday, February 12, 2011

One man's junk is another man's treasure

Sorry it's been awhile since my last post; it has been crazy busy for us for the last several weeks.  As I am sure you know we had our Adoption Kickoff night and our Adoption Yardsale.  Whew, to even type that I am exhausted ;o)

We spent several weekends going around town picking up donations, a few setting up the stuff, a few having the sale.  So much to tell, I don't know where to start.  Well, first I had set a goal to hopefully raise $2500- for 2 weekends of yardsales.  Man did God show up and show out.  I know better than to put limitations on anything because with God all things are possible.  It is with overwhelming joy and thankfulness I tell you that we raised $3,575.00 through the yardsale.  Received $840.00 in donations from friends in the mail ~ talk about feeling the love .

I don't have the exact total of money raised from t-shirts and necklaces but I feel  comfortable saying $1500.00.  So if your keeping tally, that total comes to (d.r.u.m.-r.o.l.l. please) $ 5915.00
That's right!!!! through the sacrificial giving & generosity of others we have  raised almost $6000.00 in a month.   I am fighting the tears and the huge lump in my throat (no need for the ugly cry),  my heart is so full, I am not amazed at the goodness of people.  I know it exist, I am amazed that friends, family and complete strangers would stand up and take action to help us, reach our son.

My words could never express my gratitude.  Thank you's aren't adequate enough, hugs are Great!  but still can't convey the emotions of my heart.  So many  individuals are walking this journey with us, through us, before us  and it is a beautiful blessing!  From the tables, hangers & racks being loaned, to people helping us price and set up, helping us work the sale, posting links on their facebooks, giving donations, coming to buy goodies (funny, several almost bought their own goodies ;o)   Letting us borrow trucks, heaters and bringing more donations,  for spending a $1 and giving $60.... I could go on and on

I can't wait to tell my son how he was wanted by his birth mom, his mom, dad, sisters  and all the people who made it possible to get him to his forever family.  This is one special little man!

For those of you who have asked (I will share in another post the breakdown) our adoption cost will be in the ballpark cost of $30,000.  This includes homestudies, agency fees, Ethiopian fees, travel exp.  and much more.  That is a lot of money!!!! but so worth every penny.  I have a feeling that our lives are not the only ones being blessed by the sacrifice/giving of so much.   For the rest of my days, I will never forget the actions, the emotions, the E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

Just so you know, we have SO many goodies (just received a lot today), we will be having the sale again next weekend...  so if your kicking yourself that you didn't make it out you still have a chance :o)  tell your friends, post it at your work.... Our first set of fees we are sending in are in the range of $8,000... I feel certain we (us) can  DO IT.

1 comment:

  1. Beth - that is awesome news!!! I am so excited for you!!! I hope to continue to see more positive updates about your journey to complete your forever family.
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete