Fundraising with 147

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The time of our life...

Summer has come and gone.   Time is such a tricky thing.  Before you know it, you blink and your child has grown up.  You look in the mirror one day and viola ~gray hairs and wrinkles.  The ages that seemed a lifetime away ~are now staring you down. 

Other times, you can't get time to move fast enough.   Christmas Eve, as a child.  Turning sixteen and getting the "freedom" license. The bride planning for her big day. The mom whose 9 months+ pregnant and just want some relief... you get the idea.

As I have said before 2011 has been eventful in the Griffith house.  Now, Caitlin is attending night classes at Motlow and a full time nanny during the day.  Lauren is a sophomore and counting down the days till the big 16,  Emily is in 7th grade and is such the teenage girl.   I love my girls and couldn't be prouder of the choices they make, the words they speak and the impact they have on this world.   I would never purposefully hold them back....how sweet it would be to go back to a simpler time and just BE STILL and SOAK it ALL in. 

Maybe it's the momma realizing she loses control as her kiddos get older.  Their worlds have to revolve around their life, not yours.  It's a beautiful transition!  Just very surreal.  Maybe, it's just the Beth who realizes she has been out of school for 20 years, such a lifetime ago~ yet, it was yesterday in so many ways.

Yes.  I am a little sentimental these days.  SORRY! 

Time. Waiting.  Something we know a lot about these days.  We are officially on a waiting list.  Have been for about 6 weeks.  Have about 60 families ahead of us.  We can't give a realistic estimated wait time but we take peace in knowing it will be in His time.  It could be eighteen months, it could be tomorrow.   Only God knows. 

As we wait, the world keeps moving, the kids keep growing, special events keep taking place.  James turns the BIG 40 on the 27th and we celebrate our 20th anniversary on the 12th of October.  James and I have decided we are going to go away for some quality time and we are so excited.  After all, 20 years of "being one" deserves to be celebrated. 

I am blessed to spend this life along the side of my best friend.  The man, I know, was created specifically for me. Since the first time I heard his voice in 10th grade, from the first time I got butterflies from his kiss, from the first time he melted my heart and  till the day I take my last breath, James Griffith, will always be the one for me.

So friends, that is where we are, today.  Stay tuned.   Prayerfully, it will change tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment